Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.hawleycompany.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Asheville Retreat, Day 1

Well another catalog finally in the books. Phew! In an effort to de-stress from all the hectic happenings that get bundled into making a rather large (okay, well it's not Q big, but anyway it's big to me) catalog, I've taken off the week and headed up to Asheville, NC. Oh Asheville, how I love thee. Pisgah Mountains, Blue ridge Parkway, Bent Creek, Barley's, what's not to love here. So here I am, got here yesterday, crashing at my dear friends', Eric & Kelly. We pretty much immediately loaded up my car, A.K.A Eleanor, and headed out to Bent Creek for a mountain ride. Did I mention I love it here. Bent Creek is an excellent trail system. You can find trails here that are supremely calm or supremely insane. We chose a little of both, starting on the North Boundary trail, a calm 6-mile fire road climb, and then turning back down the mountain onto the Green's Lick Trail. Green's Lick is probably one of the funnest trails I have ever ridden, uh ever. It is basically a descending BMX track for 2-3 miles. Nothing very technical, just wide open go as fast as you can without peeing your pants (which I'm pretty sure I did anyway.). Needless to say it was a blast and I felt lucky to still be alive. What to do tomorrow...?






P.S. Eric and Kelly are open to donations for fresh new eyewear.

1 comment:

Papa Wheelie said...

I have those same cool yellow glasses! I use them when weedeating. I'll save my pennies for the Help-Sir-Spanky-Get-New-Eyes Fund.