Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.hawleycompany.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Asheville Retreat, Days 2 & 3

Me again. I really didn't do too much on my second day here. Basically I drove around buying everything that I forgot to bring with me. Really that's pretty sad because if you saw my car when I left, you would think that 4 people were heading up for a month. Nope, just me... for a week.

Day 2 started with me having to get a card reader for my digimon, uh, digital camera, so I took off for Best Buy which resides in a valley giving one of the best views of the western NC Apps. Pretty Ironic, I'll have to take a pic for you guys tomorrow. After that I headed off for a quick trip to Diamond Brand and then to Frugal Backpacker to play with a lot of outdoor gear that I will probably never be able to afford. Then I stopped by Liberty Bicycles to pick up a new seatpost clamp as my current clamp was on the verge of catastrophic failure. I didn't want to be halfway up a climb, have the clamp break, and then be screwed. So yea, that was pretty much my Tuesday, spending money not for neat new toys but for fixing bikes and replacing stuff I already own. lame.

Wednesday I slept in late, which was awesome! When I finally awoke, I took a little scoot to the West End Bakery for a little brunch. I know it may be lame to some of you guys, but I really like scooters. They're fun. After that I decided that I should visit our dear friends at Cane Creek and talk Eric into leaving a little early for a road bike ride. After several minutes of hecking, he finally agreed. We took off for an afternoon ride into the city and up Old Toll Road. I was fortunate enough to snag a Storck Fascenario 0.7 demo bike for a little "product testing" (okay, so really I just wanted to ride a 15 lb. bike instead of my 24 lb. Hakkalugi.) I have to say, the Fascenario is one hell of a mountain climbing machine! At a not so lanky 220 lbs., I wouldn't say that riding bike up mountains are my most favorite thing. However, this bike made it fun and way way too easy. needless to say I was pretty impressed. I will now be accepting donations for the "how the heck can I get one of these fund." Maybe not the best bike for everything, but if you want to go up or down a mountain really, really fast this is where is at. In other news, Toll Road is amazingly beautiful. Once you get near the top you get an amazing view of the city of Asheville with Mt. Pisgah. pretty, very pretty. Well, that's basically my Day 3;. Can't wait until tomorrow! Peace.





No comments: