Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.hawleycompany.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SC Cyclocross State Championships CX4s

Ole Bloggy was under the weather and had decided against racing this past weekend. Sadly, upon waking Saturday morning, the body and mind were not in accord and a cross race was entered against my body's wishes (curse you mind). Luckily, good friend Eric from Cane Creek toed the line with me, giving a much needed morale boost. I have never raced against Eric and decided that my only goal would be to lead Eric for the entire race, even if we finished in the very back. Eric would jump ahead of me early on after a sand trap bobble, but I would subsequently pass my teammate and hold him at bay, countering his tenacious attacks with whimsy and panache! Once again, I would like to reiterate the awesomeness of the Challenge Grifo tires. They do not give me free tires. I have no ties to that hapless, miserable company, but they're handmade and they stick like freaking crazy glue! By the way, Ole Bloggy now has a full-on chest cold so this weekend's race in Hendersonville should be what we call in the biz, a "character builder"...

Eric dominates me on the opening stretch, sprinting past as he shouts racist epithets...


The ubiquitous cross "caught in midair" remount picture...
Eric grinds through the sand trap, fueled by anger...
Pain face on a downhill. Lord, what a horrifyingly nasty layout...


Hawley stooges with cowbells and encouragement...
Gettin' the bead on 4th. "This one is dedicated to all ya'll kids out there!"
Post-race, Eric soaks it all in... sunshine that is, to combat the dreaded rickets...
I purchased this medal from a vendor. He assured me it was 100 percent real, but on the car ride home it melted and made me feel saddened and ashamed...

1 comment:

dwight yoakam said...

congrats to you, bloggie. and the entire hoff posse for hittin' hard at state championships. makes me proud