Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.hawleycompany.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE LIGHTEST OF THE LIGHT....

Great, now that I have all you weight-weenies looking, I'm not talking about shedding grams, I'm talkin' bout' sheddin some light. Now that the ashes from the first wave of nuclear attacks are blocking the sunlight, (just kidding Troy. It's just daylight savings time) we have to find time to get a good ride in. This often requires moving about in the dark. So after Justin Kline came from Princeton Tec and convinced us that they had finally reproduced alien technology that gives you night vision, I was even more inspired to go out and hunt for more scary stuff like all of those strange children lurking around the kids Edventure museum. Some of them didn't show up in the photographs, but here are a few that I was able to capture with a hand full of cat food and a fishing net:


This creature that I nicknamed "Widdle Bear" ended up coming back to my house and living with me for a few days. After I found him in the closet roasting the neighbor's dog over a fire made of my Dirt Rag collection, I had to let him go. It was a teary eyed goodbye, but he knew his life was out here, eating handfuls of that swirly foam that forms right below the dam on the Saluda River. Poor Widdle Guy.


I didnt take such a liking to this kid. This is him right after he stole my camera and made this creepy video in the bathroom in Riverwalk Park. I wont go into detail, but he kept talking about how he was twice my age and If I was ever looking for the rarest of the rare Pokemon cards, he new a guy. He also had a floppy disc, that he claimed, had all of the passwords to hack into Area 51's website. It's a shame I don't have a floppy drive, I would love to see what they have in that place....


He dropped a Polaroid of this strange system. I assumed it was a light and acquired one from the back room at a gun and knife show in Red Bank. I was amazed at how bright it was. In fact, If I focused on any object longer than 2 or 3 seconds, it burst into flames! This little guy has a battery pack that can mount on the frame or the cable is long enough to wear it in the back pocket of your jersey or flack jacket in my case. Four light settings allow 1, 3, 5, or all 8 LEDs to burn with around 160 hours on 8 AA batteries. The cool part is that you can run only 4 batteries and the regulator in the light will give off the same light intensity but for half of the duration. It's even waterproof! You can bet that the next time I go screaming down the riverwalk and those little children of the night come out, they'll be so scared that they will look like this guy...........

1 comment:

spokejunky said...

Andy wins the 2009 Lucky Bastard of the Year award. They ride really fast and look good doing it. Dibs on the Liz Hatch interview.